Wednesday, January 23

True Beauty

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

When I hear the word ‘beauty’, I immediately get an image in my mind of a woman. I imagine a woman with long beautiful hair that is tied up in a tight bun as she cooks dinner for her family. Her skin is flawless because her trust is in the Lord and as a result, she never has a sleepless night. Her physical body has curves and muscles because she participates in many activities with her children. Her fingernails and toenails are well manicured because she loves to treat herself every now and then to a day at the salon. She is strong, talented, and blessed by the Lord because she lives her life to serve God. Her friends and family love to be around her. Younger women want to glean from her. Her husband adores her, and God is pleased with her. This is the woman I strive to be; beautiful inside and out. This woman lives The Pretty Girl's Life.